12/8/11

Shining, Gleaming, Streaming, Flaxen, Waxen... wigs

So I found this website that has a tutorial on how to make doll wigs - Antique Lilac
I am quite happy because this means I can make some wigs for my dolls - only problem? I can't crochet. Oh I've tried, but I can't seem to understand the mechanics of it! lol So I cam up with a second solution - get my mother-in-law to crochet it! Seems to work :) I got her to crochet the wig cap(in which took her all of 5 minutes to make!) and I bought some wigs on sale after Halloween. Once I got around to it I found I can make some pretty nice wigs for Mina. Now I need to get my mom-in-law to make a few more caps(I only had 2, didn't want to overdo it just in cast I sucked at it.) since I made both wigs.

This is the first wig: The original wig was a bit mangled, but I managed to work it out pretty well. As long as it's tied it seems to work well. The wig cap was white, but it doesn't show through so no worries.




Now the second wig is a dream come true! Since I had done the first wig, I knew what to do a little different and mostly how to get it to sit better. I rushed a little with the first one and was afraid to trim it in spots, but this one - not so much. I love, love, love it!

Mina loves having her Marina with her

Kyo had to watch

Sitting

A lot of hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment