12/18/12

IT'S ALIVE...but no REALLY

It's Ghouls Alive!!! lol Toys R Us had a sale on MH dolls, buy one get one half off. I figured this was a great time to take advantage of getting me one of those Ghouls Alive dolls since they are $27.99 each. My mother-in-law wanted one for Christmas(she looooooooooooves Spectra!!) so we got her Spectra and I got Frankie! I'll admit though I was pretty bad... I opened Spectra's box so I could take some pictures! I doubt she'd mind though

Frankie!!
She's a lot like the original Frankie, but there really are some key differences, not just the glowing and sound effects!
Front
Side
Back
Her shoes - compare to the original below
The original Frankie shoes(Cleo #2 is wearing them at the moment)
Her dress - I believe the white is so you can see the glowing better -
but again, compare to the original below
The original Frankie dress
in this case Ghoulia is wearing it!
Very pretty face!!!
Her head is far more solid than most 
GA Frankie(aka Frankie #5) and Original Frankie
Both are super pretty, but can you spot the difference?
And this is what happens when you leave
the flash on while trying to take a picture
of her glowing!!
She comes with a different stand. In fact I wish they ALL
had THIS stand!
The back of her head where the sound comes out
When nekkid you can see the cutouts of the
ribs so the light comes through better
Face, neck bolts and
rib cage all lit
Closer
Side view!
You can also replace the batteries!
It takes 3 button cell batteries,
2 in one leg, one in the other
You can kind of see light from her back too
Lights, the sounds! ... it scares my dog!
and I'm sorry the video is sideways, I forget these things some times


So like I said.. I WAS BAD... and I opened Spectra. I did not, however, remove her from her cardboard... so it's not as detailed as Frankie... but she lights up and makes noise too!
Spectra!!
in a box!
and not so much confined!
Closer
Glow in the dark...
she has no head! lol
Her outfit is veeeeery close to the original!
Watch those limbs light up!
Speaker in the back of head
I think her eyes are darker than the original!
Same boots pretty much
You can see the light through them!!
Her legs don't bend at the knee!
The lights!!
Also her hands can not be removed!
It is one piece
And it glows!
Kind of hard to tell but the biggest difference with the skirt
 - there are chains printed on the pink part
Compare to the original below 
Original Spectra skirt
GA Spectra and original(Which is the only Spectra I have)
I swear the eyes are darker, but she's quite similar!
But original Spectra doesn't glow!
The lights! The sound!... scares the cats!!
Again - sorry that it's sideways. I can't do anything about it!


DOUBLE BONUS!!!
CAT! I SWEAR!!!!!!
No really, were you taking pictures?
I had no idea. Seriously, no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment